SEWING FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

THE RETURN.

"A WHIFF OF LAVENDER"

Sewing for the greater good is something that I Nora, thats me, does feel really rather strongly about.
I know I joke about healing all the worlds ills through the medium of sewing,
but, oh oh oh make it be so!

What a wonderful world we would be living in if we could all sew the world better!
Back at the beginning of the year I was organising a sock monkey workshop.
A fun and frivolous evening
making valentines sock monkeys.
You can read all about it here.

And then the Haiti earthquake happened.
Sitting sewing in the pub with like minded souls eating nice food and drinking nice drinks didn't seem so important any more.
But then I thought
"Come on girl, put your money where your mouth is"
And Sewing for the greater good was born.
We managed to raise £150 for the British Red Cross Haiti appeal
something of which I am very proud.

But now, just as I planning the autumn programme of workshops
something even more awful and horrific has happened.
Pakistan is under water, floods raging everywhere and more to come by all accounts.

So with out further ado I would like to present
SEWING FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
THE RETURN.
"A WHIFF OF LAVENDER"
An evening of sewing and sweet smells.

On TUESDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER.
FROM 8 PM.
AT THE EARL FERRERS PUB
22 ELLORA RD, STREATHAM, LONDON, SW16 6JF.
COST £8 PER PERSON.

We will be making decorative lavender bags
The class costs around £2 per head to put on, so at least £6 of all fees will be going to
(Once I have worked out all the costs it will probably be more)

Please come along, meet new people, have fun, learn something new, and make the world a better place all at once.

When ever I run these classes many of you post comments about if only you were nearer etc etc.
I know this blog is read far and wide, so I am going to suggest that if you can't make it along on the night, you organise your own sewing for the greater good gatherings.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy schmancy, just a few friends a bottle or two of wine and some sewing.
I am happy to help with advice, technical knowhow, and even supplies.
Leave a comment at the end of this post, or email me and I will be delighted to help.

Spread the word, forward this post to people you think may be interested or post a link to it.
Do let me know if you do this and how you are getting on.
Lets make that mad vision come true and sew ourselves a better world.
Phew!
Thats it!
Have a great day. I'm off for a spot of light breakfast.
Nora xx

Comments

  1. Well done! Brilliant ideas. It's a shame I live so far away.SueXXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts