Dirty old town - The Pogues

And so it comes to pass that of a Wednesday night I find my self missing my little brother.

I wish him and his family were nearer.
I wish we could all see each other more often.
I wish our kids could grow up together.
I wish we could just occasionally return to the old times of living under the same roof.
I wish I could still hear him singing his teenaged heart out to this tune whilst in the bath.
But time passes.
Some things are never to be returned to.
Somethings we must savour in memory alone.
Some things are given a rose tinted glow by the passage of time.
I try not to remember the sibling rivalry and cat fights we used to have.
I try not to remember that even though he is 4 years younger than me
and I was IN CHARGE and he never did what I said.
I try not to remember that even though he is 4 years younger than me
he was strong enough to over power me by the time he was 5.
And I do remember that he really makes me laugh, that sometimes we don't need words
or explanations.
And that my sister in law is one of the few people who have ever rendered me speechless.
And that on our first meeting.
And even though I may not be the best at returning phone calls and writing letters my little viking branch of the family are never far from the front of my mind.
Nora xxx

Comments

  1. Awww, shucks Jane, that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me, posiibly ever. Love you and miss you too

    Lot of love
    Little Bruv

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts