GAZING IN TO THE MIDDLE DISTANCE.

Just now I found my self after a busy day sitting doing nothing.
Not thinking, not doing, nothing.
Just nothing.
It didn't last long I was brought down to earth by the Hippy.
"Whats the matter with You? You've got a face like a slapped behind"
Oh.
May be thats what nothing looks like.
Sitting doing nothing was so very pleasurable I think I may do more of it in future.
I realised I do very little nothing any more.
This on top of a comment from one of my cousins this week asking if there are 28 hours in a day where I live as there is no other earthly way I could fit it all in.
Any way Nothing is great, but really is it as good as cogitating?
I love a bit of cogitating.
But it is a delicate beast, easily scared away.
It needs a distinct lack of children in the immediate vicinity.
Noises (happy) off stage left is fine, but when it invades the cogitating arena, poof!
Is gone I tell you, gone.
Beverages are essential, cold or hot I'm not sure it matters.
And no I repeat No phone calls.
Often it is best if the Hippy has may be snuck out for a sneaky
early evening pint of ale.
This evening I have been cogitating upon the theme of Christmas.
For two reasons other than the obvious.
Firstly our friend Catherine brought some thing round for me to see this morning.
A thing of such joy and wonder that I know you will understand my excitement.
A crochet nativity!

A
CROCHET
NATIVITY
!
I mean, come on!
How have I lived for over 40 years with out one of these?
There is a huge a gaping hole in my life, and it needs to be filled.
And secondly today was the day of the Winter Warmers sewing classes for crafty boys and girls.

3 classes with a fairly quick turn around.
They were noisy, messy, silly and funny.

Boy did they make me laugh.

There are more pictures here is anyone is interested.
Any way it is nearly oh so nearly time to watch Merlin.
Pjs must be on, quilties warmed on the radiator, snacks and drinks procured.
Then the boys and I have a hot date with the sofa an the T.V for an hour.
So I am offski.
Happy Christmas every one.
Happy Christmas!
Love Nora xx

Comments

  1. I am smiling, laughing and enjoying your text.
    So funny! Nice to meet you on your blog, all those lovely kids and the crochet holy family and kings. Mary is special with the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip off about doing nothing. Will add that to my 'to try' list.

    Great makes - as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love cogitating too and I am most definitely with you on the phone calls...I would love to have my phone disconnected...maybe I just won't pay the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing Nothing is a daydream I have nearly everyday. Sometimes I give it a whirl, but 'tis hard to TRY to do nothing, seems it must come upon you in some organic way, without deliberation. I blame the cogitating for my life long tango with insomnia.

    A crocheted nativity is a brilliant aspiration, I haven't got it in me, but I am so thrilled that somebody does!

    Happy Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nativity! Pretty amazing!

    I've just followed....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts