TREASURE TRAIL
I recently got asked to make some signs for a children's treasure trail to be held in and around one of my favourite places in South London.
The Rookery was one of our constant haunts when we still lived in Streatham.
This year is a very special year, it turns 100.
So it felt great to be able to give something back.
A thank you for the many summer days spent in the shade of the cedar tree eating picnics.
Hours spent rolling down the hill when its dry and sledging down it when it's snowing.
So many camps have been built in the trees and time well spent soaking ourselves in the sprinklers.
So when the lovely people at The Streatham Festival asked me to do this one last job, how could I refuse?
There were 18 stops on the trail, I'm not going to show you all 18 signs because quite frankly that would be a bit of over kill.
So here are some of my favourites.


"Splash" at the paddling pool


Roll down the hill.


Run  to the Cedar tree.


Make a wish in the wishing well.


Draw the logo for the Rookery's centenary.


Find a tennis ball at the tennis courts.


The rose arbour at the White House in Norwood Grove.


What's you favourite flavour of ice cream at the cafe?

The signs were about half the size of an A4 sheet of paper and I had great fun raiding the scrap box to find just the right colours of fabric for the details.
Sadly I was so busy with the Make Your Own Fete I couldn't make it up to the top of the common to see them in place, but I have been reliably informed they looked great, and are going to be used again at future events.
I'm off for a few days now, taking the boys to the ancestral homelands in the North.
So I will see you all on the other side, have fun!
Love Nora xxx

Comments

  1. How lovely to be able to give something back and enjoy reliving your own family memories at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like terrific fun, I'm sure many more happy memories were made.
    Love these signs, especially the yellow. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts