UNFINISHED BUSINESS
I don't really do new years resolutions. 
This was a stance I took a couple of years before I stopped wearing make up (18).
The reason was the same on both fronts, I'm crap at it.
Crap at make up and crap at keeping to any grandiose announcements I tend to make.
But 2013 was quite disrupted on the crafting front for me and has left a lot of unfinished business.
So it was with a feeling of relief I saw that the lovely ladies over at And Stitches are hosting a finish a long.
Hurrah I don't have to make a New Years resolution to finish all my outstanding projects, I can just join in with a stitch a long instead!
I doubt very much if I will get all of these done with in the next month, but may be one or two would be good and if serious inroads could be made in to the others, well that would be a bonus.
I do have one grandiose announcement to make though. 
I am planning a dress. I will not be allowed to start said dress until at least some of the following projects have been finished.



First up something I started this time last year, which then got put in a box when we moved, only to be unpacked recently. It is based on a childhood friendship and maps. Actually itching to get started on it again.



Second up is another piece that got abandoned in the move. This one was for the Edward Gorey stitch a long with Nicole over at Follow The White Bunny. It should have been finished in March or some thing like that. Oops! The tragic thing is I only have to finish a little bit more detail on the branches of the trees.



Third up the Hexie skirt. 



Progress is being made.



And shuush, we won't even start to talk about the little hand stitched wool jacket I foolishly cut out before Christmas.
So fingers crossed kids because I really need a new dress.
If you fancy joining in with the finish a long you can do so here.
Love Nora xxx

Comments

  1. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the gorgeousness of you unfinished projects. Gorgeous! Oh, I already said that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many gorgeous projects! First word that came to my mind Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous! Obviously it's the appropriate word ;) Soldier on and Good luck! It's worth it. Kx

    p.s. I challenge every other commenter to 'GORGEOUS' this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow they all look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspirational stitching... my head is buzzing with ideas... loving the skirt... Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I will join you in finishing un finished projects! Mind you last year I did make and finish a dress which was very unusual for me!
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That map, the hexi's, these are taking my breath away, so many gorgeous projects, love that they are all handstitched too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a finish a long ... now you're talking! I've a list of things to complete as long as my arm and that doesn't include all the things buzzing around in my head ... must stop the buzzing, it gets in the way ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finish that skirt ... I want to see you modelling it ... it's fab! M x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great unfinished business here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some really cool things going on here. I'm really intrigued by the first one & can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hexagons and am fascinated by the thought of the skirt !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some beautiful unfinished work here, good luck! I'd love to join but I'd still have unfinished things in 2015, I like to pretend our brains are just too fast and not that we get distracted too easily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been on a hexagon kick and that skirt is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished! And that first piece looks very intriguing, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts