SEWING FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Sewing for the greater good made a return this week.

I used a few years ago to hold these sessions semi regularly. But since we have moved I haven't even held any workshops, let alone sewn for the greater good.
Friends of ours run an organisation called Active Arts which is linked to the local Mencap and runs arts based sessions for adults with learning difficulties.
The highlight of the Active Arts year is their summer show, this year they have taken a gamble and booked the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill. Its a huge and really exciting leap, but of course both gambles and huge leaps need funds to help them along.
So in the spirit of trying to help out I suggested a little birds workshop.



Its been a long time since I made any birds at all, but they have been on my mind for a while.
To tell the truth is was rather joyful to have to make some as samples for the class.
It was an amazing night with a much higher turn out than I would have expected considering I still don't have that many crafty links around here.

There were many colourful birds produced 



And much cake scoffed.

Than you to every one who came along and stitched hard to make a difference!
Love Nora xxx

Comments

  1. Ooh, what a fab turn out! Love all the birds and the photo of everyone working away. And now I want cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's my kind of tweeting... and I bet all the cake went. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great, and looks like you all had a wonderful day
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, a wonderful way to share your creativity - cute birdies and cakes, a perfect afternoon! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts