BIRTHDAYS AND OLD WORDS

DAY TWENTY EIGHT
Today has been a busy day, back in the heart of costume making, in a bit of a flap and rushing to meet a deadline.
There was no time to take photos of anything interesting.
So instead I am going to show you some pretty pictures.

 
 
This was for my Sister in Law Lizzie's significant birthday at the end of the summer.
The Hippie's Mum had given me a beautiful old pocket dictionary that had once been given to her father by an Uncle.
It seemed fitting to use her Granddad's dictionary as a base for Lizzie's present the stitched initials of her little family.
The paper was very fine and delicate and it was tricky to stitch without ripping. 




Elizabeth

 
 
Dean

 
 
Soul

 
 
Liberty
I am planning another one of these very soon and thought that I might write it up as a tutorial, so if you are interested in the idea of stitching on to paper, watch this space.
Love Nora xxx












Comments

  1. Lovely! I'll look forward to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I like the idea of stitching onto paper. On of my friends has just had an exhibition doing the same thing with embroidered rescued fine art prints. Such a thoughtful gift too. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts