ALL WORK AND NO PLAY...

I was all fired up after the mammoth efforts on the blogging front before Christmas to post at least twice a week.
Ho humm, the best laid plans and all that.
Christmas was fantastic, New Year was great. I went back to work on 2nd January, 17 days later  I emerged bleary eyed from the workroom. 
Hence the rather patchy presence here.
I was making costumes for "The Changeling" at The Globe's Sam Wannamaker playhouse in Bankside. Once they were gone I had a ridiculously quick turnaround on a couple of costumes for Lion King in London's glamorous West End.
Once the last costume had left the building I was somewhat spent, and have been sitting on the sofa drinking cups of tea and catching up on all the T.V programmes I have missed recently.
I have been partaking of a little light crochet, but more of that another time.
So today I thought I would share a couple of pics of the costumes that have been keeping me away from this lovely shiny place.
Its all about the period detail.




Diaphanta's bodice detail

 Isabella's bodice
Sorry I didn't manage to get any shots of the whole costume in all the rush.
So there you have it, a couple of good excuses!
Love Nora xxx

Comments

  1. I am in awe of your beautiful neat gusset. Mine never ever turn out like that *sigh*. That bodice! Very lovely. The fabric is glorious. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bodice is gorgeous - what an exciting life you lead! Wishing you a relaxing weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing these, what an incredible job you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing your fabulous costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always over awed by true craftsmanship.
    Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love it when you share your awesome work pictures thank you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are in so much demand!!! That is an indication of how indispensable you are...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to see your costume work, hope you're enjoying things at a slower pace x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! I always love seeing what you have worked on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts